Monday, May 9, 2011

Two Years to LIve? What would you do. My Father's Cancer Inspires Me

I just found out my father (what seemed to be a healthy 73 year old) has stage 4 colon, liver and rectum cancer. Doctors have given him 2 years to live with intensive chemotherapy.

So during my journaling on this news, I asked myself what would I do if I was told that today. Really, any of us could have only 2 years or less left to live. So I started my list:
  1. Travel European, South & Central America, India, Thailand & Egypt (I just don't know where I would find the money or way to do that right now.)
  2. Get accepted in a Ph.D. Program 
  3. Write a Book ( I was thinking of a way I could leave a Legacy and help the most people in two years) - it didn't take me long to come up with the topic and chapter outlines: "Motherless Children, Workplaces & the US."
  4. Deliver Keynote Speeches on my book.
Currently I am an Eco-Realtor, Sustainable Creative City Consultant and delivering an occasional training program on Generations at Work/Train the Trainer/Creativity/Creative Teams and a few others. Even though the first two are interesting and fun...I truly love training, teaching, researching, education and helping people to grow emotionally, psychologically to live happier lives. So it is such a hard process but I do want to act as if I have only 2 years left and do more training, teaching, writing my book, delivering my keynote and traveling.

What about you? What would you do if you were told you only had 2 years left?

No comments: